Friday, September 11, 2009

Telluride Plein Air June 28-July 4, 2009

























It was really an honor to be invited to Telluride to paint in their event this year -- I was thrilled to be invited, and honestly a little imtimidated to be painting with all these amazing painters. I was put up for most of the week in a 2 bedroom condo right in town, so it was really convenient to painting the town. We were treated like royalty, the staff of the Sheridan Opera House was amazing and the artists were fabulous. I camped a couple of nights in the town campground, sleeping comfortably in my car as I like to do, on either side of the week I could have the condo for. Telluride is a great place to paint--lots of Victorian storefronts and houses, mountains, aspens, creeks, cabins, Telluride Funk, and of course, the free box(I scored 2 pair of fleece socks and a great pair of fleece pants for the cold mornings!) And sales were good too. Not to mention the best fireworks I've seen since the 1984 New Orleans Worlds Fair. The only bummer for the trip was the 11 hour drive home in holiday traffic with several accidents and one mountain pass closed completely. Why I didn't just stop off at Joshua Been's(one of the most fun people to paint with who lives in Salida,CO--google him to see his work) house to paint and stay overnight I'll never understand.

More images to follow. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment